[C320-list] Replacing The Outhaul Line

donjohn50 at roadrunner.com donjohn50 at roadrunner.com
Mon Feb 25 21:51:18 PST 2013

My outhaul line is frayed and almost gone & I need to replace the line. The line goes into the boom and transitions to a light cable inside the boom which exits the rear of the boom and attaches to the sail. I was looking at some historical discussions on this topic, but didn't see a conclusive answer as to how to do it.

Anybody know if you can attach a messenger line to the old (rope) line, and pull through the cable followed by the old line and trailing messenger, and then reverse the process with new line? If not this way, any guidance on how to do it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

Don Johnson