[C320-list] Outhaul with Mainsail Change

Bruce Heyman bruceheyman at cox.net
Fri Feb 1 06:58:16 PST 2013

We went to loose footed many years ago.  Made no changes to the out haul and seems to not have created any problems.  I haven't done the math but I don't believe the forces in the out haul line would increase significantly with the change.  You might be able to now make an argument that the boom is now going to be point loaded where before the force was more distributed along the length of the beam before.
Bruce
Somerset Dana Point

Bruce Heyman
(949) 289-8400