[C320-list] heating

Utility Email kswanson123 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 2 07:41:02 PST 2013

I installed a Wallas 40D when we moved out boat from San Diego to Seattle several years ago.  I installed the heater unit in the port aft cockpit locker with the exhaust exiting through the hull near the manual bilge pump outlet.  I plumbed the heater to my diesel fuel tank.

Installed heater outlet's in the aft cabin, main cabin under the sink, head, and v berth.  I routed 4 inch heater hose under the aft berth to feed the main cabin vent under the sink.  Kinda tight, but it works.  I routed the head and v berth hose along the top of the hull underneath the edge of the headliner on the starboard side.  Lots of room there.  Started with 4 inch hose to head, and then transitioned to 3 in hose forward.  My return air vent is in the aft cabin.

Very happy with the unit.  Sips fuel and uses very little power.  Helps extend our sailing season and makes the boat very comfortable at anchor too.  Look at the photos on the C320IA website.  I am working on a Catalina Mainsheet article that I should have completed in a month or so (something to do to think about sailing during the crappy PNW winter weather).  This should also get posted to the C320IA website.

Good luck.

Dave

Dave Swanson
S/V Emily Ann