[C320-list] Locating new thru-hull for A/C

Jane & Ken obuoy4848 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 4 14:25:38 PST 2013

Warren,  Great that you have the unused thru hull---no Tee required for you---I ran the hose from the thru hull, behind the hanging locker (or through it) and continued routing behind the aft cabin "headboard" (under the shelf) to the starboard lazerette which is where the unit was installed.  Actually it was simple to do.  The real fun part of the installation was running the duct work around to the port side (to provide conditioned air to the aft cabin) and to the main cabin next to the "bread box storage".  I am somewhat of a perfectionist and did not desire any of the ductwork to show---job accomplished.
The exit water required a short hose and a hole in the side of the boat about 10 inches above the waterline---aft starboard---.I wanted to hear and see that ample water was flowing for the system to run efficiently.
I did install a filter at the head thru hull just to be safe---I assume it is still working fine after 19 years.
I ran power off the existing 30 amp supply, but before the original breaker, to a GFCI with a 20 amp breaker plug. A/C running, coffee pot perking and hair dryer on will trip the shore power 30 amp?  DUH
This install is as I recall from 19 years ago.  I did assist two other 320 owners with their a/c heater installations and so far none of the boats have burned nor sunk.   Ken