[C320-list] standing water

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 10:49:30 PST 2013

I had a leak in a wash down pump  hose that put water in the compartment that holds the forward water tank. It lead to some head like odors and some mold growth. This compartment has no way to drain into the bilge since there were no limber holes in the plywood "bulkhead" that held the tank in place. I dried and "cloroxed" around and under the tank as best I could (the bulk head and lateral plywood retainers would have to be cut out to get access to the underneath of the tank) and the smell went away. However, a fair amount water continued to collect in this compartment (up to a cup or so) because of condensation on the inner hull surface and would stagnate and smell after a while. If you're having some smell issues forward of the head you might want to consider drilling several limber holes low down in the bulkhead (careful you don't hit the tank) to keep this area well drained. This water would then drain through the hole under the drawers into the
 bilge. Just a thought.

Jim Brown