[C320-list] access panes

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 13 12:55:48 PST 2013

Yes, Jim, that is how I accessed the vent on our 1994 #62.  It was a bitch
to remove.  I had to pull the AC wires out of the box and remove all trim &
etc. around the top of the cabinet to get it out.  Even then it was a
struggle.  I had to make a tool to grab the fwd edge of the panel to pull it
out enough to get my hand on it.  The panel fits very tightly in the space.
It went back in more easily.

I found that the deck fitting for the tank pump-out was also in the way.  As
I was replacing all the tank hoses I removed the deck fitting and the hose.
This gave me clear access to the vent thru-hull.  I found it easiest to push
the pump-out hose up through the deck, cut it off, and pull it back.  Ditto
in reverse: push the new hose up through the deck, attach to the deck
fitting, then apply bedding compound to the fitting before pushing back to
the deck and screwing down.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"