[C320-list] Engine overheating

Marko Jamnik markojamnik55 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 06:12:21 PST 2013

Hello Colin

I did have an overheating issue with the engine alarm going off this last summer. I have a Westerbeke engine with a 1000 hrs. The engine has been well maintain. Three years ago I had the engine removed and had it reconditioned with new hoses, mounts and fuel injectors. With all that said, three years later I had encountered a heating issue. The end result was  they cleaned the sea strainer and all hoses, compressed hose caused a restriction and impeller bits were found in the heat exchanger end cap. They replaced hose and the end cap gasket. Temp switch also failed due to the overheating. Replaced raw water impeller and gasket. Final test was done under load and the temp held at 180deg.

Marko

Marquesas
Lake Ontario