[C320-list] Rebedded Chain Plates w/ Butyl Tape

Mike Ott wmo48 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 3 12:25:44 PDT 2013

Just finished re-bedding all of my chain plates using butyl tape from Compass Marine.  It made a nasty messy job so much easier.  No more dripping caulking gun and sticky fingers.  I would suggest that you mark the chain plate cover plates and the machine screws so they go back in in the same order.  It is much easier this way since pulling up the chain plate rods in the cabin and pushing down on the machine screws to get enough thread for a nylon lock nut to grab can be a challenge.

Mike Ott
'Amanda Lu'