[C320-list] Fresh Water Pump

Ian Davis iand2002 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 23 03:35:11 PDT 2013

I needed to clean out the water tanks on my 1993 C320.  So I turned on all
the faucets and ran them until the fresh water pump was just pumping air and
the tanks were almost empty.  I then turned off the pump, cleaned out the
tanks and refilled them to the top.  I then turned the pump on again and all
it does is continue to pump air.  It seems incapable of pumping the water
from the tanks

Now I know the boat is twenty years old, but that's surely not an excuse for
Catalina back then to install a NON self-priming pump!!.

Has anyone else experiences this and/or have a solution.

Ian Davis - Wind Star - #18