[C320-list] Enjoy!

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Mon Jul 15 20:59:38 PDT 2013

Right. The drill for turning around clockwise with little room is to put
the helm hard to starboard and keep it there while alternating between
forward and reverse. But the question is whether this still works
effectively when you modify the rudder stops for the linear drive. With
the Raymarine linear drive the rudder is permitted no more than 45
degrees swing to either side, which is less than the factory setup. My
sense is that the procedure still works with the more limited rudder
swing following this mod, but not quite as easily, probably because the
rudder can't divert the prop wash quite as far to the side when in forward.