[C320-list] Shore power system

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 22 15:02:44 PDT 2013

To be clear, when you say, "neutral bus" do you mean the negative (black)
side of the DC service?  When you say, "safety ground bus" do you mean the
frame ground (green) side of the AC service?  If the answer to both is yes,
then this is a normal and recommended connection.  Our 1994 hull also has
this connection.  This is not likely contributing to your problem.  Nor, is
it a reason why your GFCI is tripping.  If everything else is OK, there
should be no voltage across the green/white or green/black wires of the AC
service that would trip the GFCI.

I think you should find your problem along the lines suggested by others.
Check every point of connection between the dock and the AC breaker.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"