[C320-list] Steel Cradle Specs

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at bex.net
Mon Jul 29 10:27:24 PDT 2013

Check the dimensions for the C320 cradles against your C30 cradle because
the beam, draft & hull contour are so different between the 30 & 320 hulls.
A call to Catalina in FL could provide the answers you need. I know my
cradle is at least a foot or more wider than the narrower C30 cradles in my
marina located in Sandusky. The pad location is critical because of where
the hull grid & supporting beams are located on a C320 that demand that the
pads are placed where they will provide support and avoid unnecessary hull
flex & fatigue from cracking the hull. While we did not have any damage to
our hull, we added a pad between the two aft pads to avoid  seasonal hull
flex (indentation) on the port side aft pad. I have observed some 320 hulls
flexing so badly that cracking gel coat was visible at the aft port pad area
after several seasons.
Rick
1995 C320 hull # 277