[C320-list] Navionics App on non-cellular i-pad

Colin Evans twosailors at bigpond.com
Mon Jul 22 22:02:02 PDT 2013

Yes Bill,
It works without the sim card.  As long as you have the GPS version of the
I-pad, navionics will work.  That`s what we use.
I`m also thinking of putting a socket in the binnacle so it will charge when
underway.
Zacor do a pretty good mount for the i-pad, for about $40.  Clamps on to the
grab rail above the compass. I`m not sure whether the speaker in the  i-pad
has any detrimental effect on the compass.

If you are concerned, open one of the free maps applications and ithe GPS
should show where you are.

Regards
Colin Evans
Watermark