[C320-list] Prop and shaft barnacles

Utility Email kswanson123 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 23 16:26:48 PDT 2013

I researched this extensively years ago and concluded that zinc rich paint was the way to go.  So far it has worked very week for our boat when we were in San Diego and also now in the Puget Sound.  I clean up the stainless steel propellor shaft and bronze propellor and shaft strut.  Paint all of it with several coats of zinc rich primer by Petit taking care to mask off the areas where I install zincs.  Install zincs and I am good to go.  Not much marine growth on the prop, shaft or strut.  The can of Petit primer is about $20.

Dave

David Swanson
S/V Emily Ann
2007 C320 MK II, No. 1107