[C320-list] Boat Ventilation

millers1 at aol.com millers1 at aol.com
Tue Jul 23 17:18:22 PDT 2013

This is the first full summer I have had the boat and I would like to know how owners
have improved after cabin ventilation.
First I do not want to install AC.  I live in New England and while it has been hot, it is survivable.
The 320 design I have has two opening ports and a full opening hatch in the after cabin.  The previous
owner made a very neat installation of a solar deck fan discharging into the aft cabin.  Marginal air improvement
at best. While at Block Island recently it was hot with a fair bit of wind at night. With the fwd and mid cabin
hatches open, I installed the hatch boards and closed the sliding hatch.   This produced a very
good breeze through the aft cabin.  Any other ideas ??? other than sleeping in the fwd cabin areas or
cockpit???
Art   #680

PS. I did get the 2nd set of cockpit winches installed so they can easily be reached/operated from the helm area.
      Vastly improved control of the boat while sailing single handed.