[C320-list] Water Heater Hose

Bruce Hunter swampcreek42 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 24 20:30:30 PDT 2013

With my neck muscle starting to calm down I'm finally replacing the water heater I bought about 3 MONTHS AGO! I pulled the old one out today, no problem. While in there I looked at the heat exchanger hoses between the engine and water heater, they look OK but they are going on 14 years old, I would feel better replacing them now while I'm changing the water heater. The current hose is "Shields Versaflex Water Exhaust 5/8 210-0580" which I can't seem to find anywhere, was this hose original equipment? I think I remember seeing 200-0580 Versaflex which appears to be the same thing and then there was the Goodyear stuff that looks like ordinary automobile heater hose. What is the proper recommended replacement?

Thanks,
Bruce Hunter
Nauti Time #719