[C320-list] Kiwi Prop

Colin Evans twosailors at bigpond.com
Tue Jun 4 14:47:54 PDT 2013

I`ve been offered a second hand Kiwi Prop, supposedly off a Catalina 350,
but the suppliers say it was for a Yanmar GM30, 16.5" diameter, RH
direction, 2.62 gearbox reduction and 1' shaft..  The C350 has a 35hp
Universal engine.
Those of you who have the Kiwi Prop.  What diameter and pitch is it.  We`ve
looked at various info on the C320 site but couldn`t find the size.
I know they don`t give the pitch in inches, but degrees.
The local supplier suggest a 16 inch diameter by 20 degrees for the 2.21
reduction gearbox. It would mean cutting 1/4 inch off the blades.
Apparently no problem.
The good thing with the Kiwi is the weight.  I won`t have to change from
bronze to a stainless shaft.

Regards
Colin Evans
Watermark