[C320-list] Mast removed

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Tue Jun 4 06:21:31 PDT 2013

Inspect halyards  (all running rigging for that matter) for wear and
replace any that look even marginal. Last thing you need is to have one
break on you while sailing.

Have a rigger inspect all standing rigging - forestay, mainstay,
shrouds. Replace any with obvious signs of corrosion, cracks, or meat
hooks.

Inspect furling system. Lubricate all moving parts with appropriate
grease and repair / replace any broken or corroded parts.

Basically this is an excellent opportunity to inspect EVERYTHING. Take
this golden opportunity to inspect, repair, lubricate, etc. anything
that is higher than 6 feet off the deck. You'll have peace of mind later
if you do it right.

I've never had my C320 mast down but have done so with previous
sailboats and took the opportunity to look over everything.

---
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us
September Song - #350