[C320-list] Halyard Problem

William Ott wmo48 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 12:24:05 PDT 2013

Here is another solution but its not easy.  There are 2 machine screws that hold the cover plate to the top of the masthead fitting.  If you remove that cover the sheaves are exposed.  Be careful because the sheave aisles just lay in grooves and can easily pulled out.  Your halyard eye splice probably is caught between the 1st & 2nd sheave.  You probably will have to remove the wind speed/direction sending units to get to cover plate.  Anyway you look at it, it's not fun job 49' up.
Good luck.
Mike Ott
'Amanda Lu'

Sent from my iPad