[C320-list] Perkins M30 - Recommended Oil Viscosity?

Gary Magnuson gary.magnuson at frontier.com
Thu Jun 6 23:30:46 PDT 2013

When I bought Time A Weigh, in 2006 as my forst exposure to Diesel
maintenance, I sought the advice of our maintenance technician for the
emergence generator units supporting our Telecommunications offices in
Illinois.  No discussion. Rotella T heavy duty  SAE 15W - 40.  I
wouldn't use anything else.  Many others have confirmed that opinion
since then.    Be sure the engine is warmed up before your suck out the
old oil.  You can draw it out through the dip stick tube and also use
the oil plug tube on the starboard side.

Good luck,
Gary Magnuson
Time-A-Weigh  #205