[C320-list] Mast removed

Monkey Mail lou at flyingmonkey.im
Sun Jun 9 04:22:20 PDT 2013

Thanks for all the great input. I am about to run the anemometer wiring thru the mast. The Raymarine manual states for a deck stepped mast:
If the mast is deck stepped, feed the cable through the deck, using a proprietary deck gland.

Fit the junction box inside the vessel, close to the cable entry point.

Now this makes sense to keep the junction box inside the boat should there be a problem with the wire connections. Next time the mast needs to be dropped you must disconnect the wires from the junction box and as the mast is lifted pull the wires thru the deck plate deck gland. However, if I were not present at the time of mast removal I could see the workers cutting the cable (or some day in the distant future another owner).

So, I'm looking for input on whether to split the anemometer cable above the deck in the mast or below the deck.

Thanks,

Lou Hodac

Sent from my iPad