[C320-list] Leak in Sea Deck

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Tue Jun 18 10:19:46 PDT 2013

On 18.06.2013 11:58, Chris Burti wrote:
> If you wish to know, I suspect that the term you are looking for may
> be 'sea hood'.
> While the sea hood on the C-320 is sealed and is not supposed to
> leak,
> any runoff from the top of the hatch cover will go into the gutters
> that you describe and then into the cockpit. That is the original
> designed purpose

I agree with Chris. The Sea Hood is what keeps your cabin dry. Older
sliding hatch designs allowed water in the cabin when you had sea water
sloshing around on deck. Be thankful that the water is draining into the
cockpit instead of the cabin. It's designed that way. If there's a lot
of dirt coming out of the drain channels, maybe there is an opportunity
for cleaning the channels to get rid of the accumulated dirt. You might
be able to use a long handled flexible bottle brush and some spray
cleaner to get up in the channels and clean them out so there's only
water draining out.

---
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us