[C320-list] Anyone in Nantucket between 7/1/2013 and 7/6/2013?

Christopher Nichols cinichols at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 20 11:57:56 PDT 2013

We will be cruising the sound and surroundings from 7/15 to the start of august, departing Marion on amanda rose (476)
Anyone around give us a shout!

Have a good trip Jeff

Chris Nichols
Personal account

On 20 Jun 2013, at 20:33, "Jeff Hare" <catalina at thehares.com> wrote:

Yea, we're ok with up to 12hrs a day but we really prefer 5-7hr / sail.  It
generally takes us 10hrs to get from NBPT to the Canal.   When we're harbor
hopping, we keep the trips shorter.  In this case, we need to be there
Monday morning weather permitting.

On these travel dates we have to go through the canal late afternoon or
during hours of the day my wife would simply never agree to participate in.
:)    The Canal to Nantucket we've done twice before in single shots, but
three times we've done this stopping in Oak Bluffs or Vinyardhaven.

When the tides are in your favor, then you'll get almost a 1.5-2 kt push
most of the way up Nantucket sound which makes a huge difference which is
exactly how they're lined up this time.

We love Hadley harbor but never stayed overnight, only grabbed a ball for
lunch.  Are there any transient moorings available or do you have to anchor?
We really have no local knowledge there.

When the tide timing is right we go out around Cape Cod from Nantucket into
P-town.  But this time, they're going the wrong direction.

For reference, we once left Nantucket at 6:30am, caught the perfect current
down Nantucket sound and through Woods Hole, then caught the tide switch
pushing us up into the Canal at max east flow.  We then went up to P-Town
and were having a beer on our mooring in PTown by shortly after 3pm.

-Jeff