[C320-list] 3M 4200 fast cure (jim brown)

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Sat Jun 22 18:49:15 PDT 2013

The deck isn't balsa anywhere near where hardware is attached or chain
plates go through on newer boats.  All the 320s have balsa core roughly
wherever the non-skid pattern is (I believe) as we saw when Gerry gave us a
tour of the 320 mfg line.   All the raised areas where hardware is attached
also have aluminum plates embedded in the deck that can be drilled/tapped.

If #62 has balsa at the chain plates, perhaps the change happened around the
time when the grid liner was changed and the deep bilge was added?  The
factory could answer this question.

I would think that Amanda Lu does not have balsa near the chain plates since
at least one hull in the 400s I know of was re-bedded and had solid glass
there.

It would be interesting to track down an answer for this however so we could
help people know what's in store for their hull when re-bedding hardware.

-Jeff