[C320-list] 3M 4200 fast cure

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 24 06:07:23 PDT 2013

On our boat (hull 978 2004) the shrouds are attached to a plate on the deck with a welded "eye" on it. There is an identical plate inside the cabin thta the rod attaches to. The two plates are held together with four bolts that go through the deck. I haven't removed them yet but I don't think that the plates themselves penetrate the deck, just the bolts. I think (hope) that with the two plates bolted together that adhesion won't be needed and that the tape will provide a flexible seal. Fingers crossed. The youtube piece from Sailrite and the youtube piece from Compass were very helpful-thanks. I can see a lot of uses for this stuff.

Jim