[C320-list] Instrumentation

Rick from Inflate Co rick at inflateco.com
Fri Jun 28 04:56:46 PDT 2013

I did the complete e7D MFD chartplotter with the digital radar, ST-4000+ (or
whatever the newest on is) as well as the weather / satellite radio module.
Also replaced all displays for speed, wind, depth, all from Raymarine, all
tied and talking to each other.  The standard horizon VHF I installed as
well as a remote mounted at the helm for full mast height 25 watt
communication from the helm also provides AIS inbound info so that I have
AIS tracking info on my chartplotter as well. I am sure I am overlooking
something, but the autopilot does have the flux compass built in, so that
saves you $900 alone.  I replaced my windvane, knotmeter also. They are all
from Raymarine, they all talk to each other and total investment in hardware
was around $6500 and $6000 labor. Best thing I ever did. It could
circumnavigate the planet if I wanted to or had the hull for it.  It's one
awesome set up and considering before then I didn't even have a windvane, (I
would spit on my cheek and sail off the wind on my face and a cassette tape
tassle off the backstay), It has been a dream. Do make sure you have good
batteries though. I just added 2 4D gels for $3000 and a magnum
invertor/charger for another $1500 installed.  This was all money super well
spent and it's a completely different vessel with this set up. It's fun,
high tech. It requies software updates every few months and they are a bit
of a pain to install at first, but each release improves the options and
power. I can control my stereo satellite music channels and volume right off
my display and there is now some kind of new interface that will allow full
stereo controls from helm too. Has a remove on the wheel that also let's me
bluetooth my iPod and you can multiplex the display when not at the helm on
an iPad , iPhone or Android phone or tablet, even remotely control the main
disply from them.  Super worth it, super high tech, would never rely on it
alone, but fun and nice to have and makes sailing even more fun (if that was
even possible)  :)

Rick
NEMO
DANA POINT