[C320-list] Zinc Or Aluminum Anode For Mid Chesapeake?

marshall at merry-thought.com marshall at merry-thought.com
Fri Mar 8 16:27:08 PST 2013

   I just purchased my zinc (zincs) for the season.  Visited Fawcetts in
   Annaoplis, couldn't buy an aluminum sacrificial anode if I wanted to.
   An old salt in the store whose lead keel weighed almost as much as a
   c-320 could not understand why you would want to buy an anode more
   noble than  zinc which aluminum is.  I have sailed the Chesapake for 35
   years.  No problems with zinc.  Stick with what works.

   Marshall

   Marshall & Diane Lucas

   & The Merrythought Poodles

   SV Catalina 320 #`1037 Merrythought