[C320-list] Wheel-Rudder steering cables

Bruce Heyman bruceheyman at cox.net
Mon Mar 18 21:02:31 PDT 2013

Jeff,
There really should not be any play in the cables and it is common for the
cables to stretch over time.  You have to inspect them and adjust them.  I
think officially Edison recommends you replace them once every five years.
However, before you adjust them I would recommend that you inspect the
sheaves in the aft cabin.  It is not unheard of them "sawing" right through
the sheave pins leading ultimately to steering failure.
After inspecting them and lightly oiling them then it is a simple matter of
tightening up the cables.  When you take up on the adjusters you may change
the king spoke of the helm so you want to try to take up a little on both
adjuster.
Bruce
Somerset Dana Point CA
Bruce Heyman