[C320-list] new sails

Denny Browne dennybrowne at verizon.net
Sat Mar 23 06:55:11 PDT 2013

I just paid a little over $4,000 for a Quantum racing Dacron 155 full hoist genoa and a racing Dacron main. Bought them from Sam Heck, a local pro racer who just opened a Quantum loft in Long Beach. Love them! Sail cloth is very tightly woven crispy stuff. Partial batten main this time, so far, so good. Shape is gorgeous on both sails. Sam sailed with us last Sunday, took the genoa back to the loft to apply the spreader patches and dropped it off on Monday for today's race. Buying from your local sailmaker has some distinct advantages, and if you're in Southern California, at least talk to Sam. Local knowledge will aid considerably in specifying sail cloth and design.

My most exciting purchase since buying the boat ten years ago!

Denny Browne
310.408.9591

Sent from handheld, sorry for typos, grammar, etc...