[C320-list] new sails

Allan S Field allan.field at verizon.net
Sat Mar 23 04:44:40 PDT 2013

Chris - We got the Annapolis Boat Show price in 2010 but paid $5273 total
(w/o tax).  Retail price was $6764.  We went with North Sails after talking
to 4 different vendors at the Show.  NS was not the least expensive (nor the
most) but told the best story.  We got a Nordac (very tightly woven) Premium
full batten main with 2 reefs, sail numbers, Catalina insignia and Dutchman
for $2720.  We really like the NS batten system, so much better than what
came with the boat.  The NS batten system went a long way towards making the
sale for us.  The genoa is a Nordac all-purpose 150% with UV sunbrella leach
and rope luff pad with reefing patches (we keep sail up to about 40 knots
apparent so being able to reef and still keep sail shape was very important
to us; this sail works well for that).  We sail a lot (usually 40-50 times
per year), wanted to make this set of sails last a long time, and did not
want to buy them twice ("buy cheap, buy twice").  We are quite pleased after
2 seasons with the new sails.  Hope this helps...

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD