[C320-list] 320 Draft

Allan S Field allan.field at verizon.net
Thu Mar 28 19:23:17 PDT 2013

Many of us took a tour of the Catalina factory in 2004.  Following is a
sentence from my notes:  "The lower 30% of the rudder is designed to
breakaway in a hard grounding; the remaining stub should get you home."
This was from Gerry Douglas.  I don't think that any of us thought at the
time to ask if the breakaway rudder had anything to do with the end of the
rudder being lower than the keel.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD