[C320-list] Mast Base

Amiraults Family amiraults at sympatico.ca
Fri May 3 14:55:39 PDT 2013

Warren et al:

Thank you for the wiring information. With this knowledge I was able to
trace my deck light failure to the bulb - old bulb no circuit, new bulb
circuit. A problem solved before club launch tomorrow.

The nest of thin coloured wires has resolved itself into the mast head
instruments. The service provider manages to pull off at least one of the
individual connectors each fall, leaving me with a spring repair to do
either on the deck or the mast bottom. So, unable to get a spiffy LED 5 pin
connector quickly enough, I was able to find a 5 pin trailer hitch connector
this am, and I connected the wires to this today. I went colour for colour
at both the mast and the deck, soldered the wires, heat shrank over each
connection, stuffed all the wire into a flexible cover and then taped the
ends of the cover to the outer wire covering at the ends to ensure that the
well paid but uncaring will be unable to actually tug on the joints.

I'll know if this works when the mast is raised on Thursday. Fingers
crossed. Everyone's input was appreciated.

Brian Amirault
797 Waltzing Bear, too