[C320-list] Mast Base

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu May 2 17:04:55 PDT 2013

Brian, the 4-pin connector is for the mast lights: black common, one for anchor light, two to mid-mast where one is deck light and the last is steaming light.  You may expect that the wire colors are not consistant.  I found that the colors going to the mast were not the same as those from the boat side of the connector.  Use a multi-meter to dope them out. I can only guess that the "cluster of multi-colored thin wires" are from the wind instrument.  If so, there should be 5 wires and the shield from the cable.  The shield is only terminated at one end.  I believe there is information on our web site about the function of each of the wires from the wind instrument.   Since the thin wires are exposed and not in the cable I would expect they are spliced or connected in a junction box.  Otherwise, I can see no reason why the wires would be removed from the cable cover.  Don't cut them until you know how they are lead and where any splices might be. Warren & Pattie Updike1994 C320 #62 "Warr de Mar" -----Original Message-----