[C320-list] Water lift Muffler

pat reynolds lorasalum at yahoo.com
Sun May 5 07:38:12 PDT 2013

Water in the engine pan could be from a few areas.  If it is coming from the muffler it should be easy to spot when the engine is running.  On our boat the water did run along the front of the muffler and down into the engine pan.  Most of the water should end up in the bilge area however. If it is a crack in either of the tubes of the muffler you may have some success trying to epoxy the area. If it is from the bottom less success.  If you are going to remove the muffler I would suggest that you cut the hose running to the intake tube from the mixing elbow so you don't break off the intake tube (from experience)  The hose is easily replaceable.  We had a shop reglass the bottom but it didn't last so we tried ourselves on two occasions before finally calling Catalina for a new one.  If you are getting a new one be sure to send them the old muffler and not just pictures as they have several different molds with different intake angles. (again from
 experience).

All that being said if you can't see water exiting from the muffler the leak is elsewhere.  Check all engine hose connections and the hoses.  Check the connection from the overflow container.  Determine if it is water or antifreeze.  Good luck