[C320-list] Cabintop Jib Tracks

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Tue May 14 11:37:31 PDT 2013

Sorry Mark. I picked up a ring somewher on sale, but never mounted a
track on the mast until one day the light went on to stick it on the
genoa track and attach the main and spinnaker halyards when not being
used. Then I acquired a whisker pole and another light bulb lit. It is
a bit tricky with the whisker pole because you run the pole between
the shrouds for an ideal angle and if it is gusty, you risk scarring
it on the  shrouds not to mention a ready possibility of snapping it
in two. I use it only in very light air, utilize bungies from the
shrouds and lifelines as a lift and downhaul and a beach towel
rashguard.

I have three Garhauer snatch blocks and got a bright idea to tame the
rig one frustrating blustery day beating into a gale and getting tired
of rounding up. I snap thwe block onto the idle sheet before tacking
and onto the ring. you can use a second block if you need a fairlead
to the deck genoa block.

--
Chris Burti
Farmville, NC