[C320-list] Marinco replacement

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Tue May 14 13:33:08 PDT 2013

The boot seems all the way down since I can hit the top of the socket with a stiff wire pushed into the boot next to where the cord enters. I've tried to remove the boot but it is absolutely stuck on the plug (tried heat and detergent without success)I'm wondering if they used a different brand plug and a Marinco boot since the plug looks very long for the boot. Can't see a manufacturer on the face of the plug.

Here's a link to a Marinco pdf that shows the locking ring as a separate accessory http://pdf.nauticexpo.com/pdf/marinco/30-amp-accessories/21558-46211.html and West Marine has them for 10.99  see  http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SiteSearch?storeId=11151&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&pageSize=10&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&searchTermScope=3&Ns=Most+Popular|0&keyword=marinco+locking+ring   Use lots of liquid detergent to slip it on.

Jim B