[C320-list] Cabintop Jib Tracks

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Tue May 14 17:49:57 PDT 2013

For those who have upgraded the main genoa cars to the Garhauer line
adjustable kind, moving the old cars up to the jib tracks is a good idea.
I've found that the having a the cars works pretty well.

If not, there's still another possibly good option.

Garhauer makes a really cool snatch block that opens to allow dropping the
line into.  If that were attached to the whisker pole ring car that was slid
onto the jib track, you could simply clip the genoa line into the snatch
block, slide the main genoa car forward to change the angle and leave
everything else rigged normally except for this adjustment.   It's like
having a really strong guy sitting at the mast pulling the genoa line
towards the centerline of the boat...  :)

See these guys:  http://garhauermarine.com/catalog_process.cfm?cid=26

My $.02
-Jeff