[C320-list] Yanmar engine Throttle Adjustment

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Sat May 18 15:24:43 PDT 2013

This is usually a recurring problem but the fix by removing he compass etc is not difficult and the proper way to do it (at least yearly in my case). The alternative and a little easier for a quick fix is to put a U bolt on the throttle cable where it is accessible through the aft cabin access to the engine thru hull and tighten it down until there is enough friction between the plastic cover and the actual cable so it doesn't slip. I actually think Edson sells this part in SS but I just used a galvanized one from the hardware store. I keep one handy for a quick fix until I get around to taking the compass off etc.

Jim Brown