[C320-list] Porta Bote

Mark Gillingham markgill at uwalumni.com
Sun May 19 19:44:01 PDT 2013

Do you ever leave it assembled on the foredeck? it looks like it could fit
there for a short hop.
*Yes. Like any small dinghy, the Port-a-Bote fits on the foredeck lashed to
the cabin rails and mast. *

Do you have any pictures of how you store it?
*I am putting a picture at our Harbor to Harbor blog<http://www.loftnet.com>
. *
*
*
How does it handle in choppy water?
*I've been in a few wakes, but not really choppy water. The Port-a-Boat
handles like a hard-shell dinghy. It cuts through water and wake (I assume
chop, too). *
*
*
We have a 2 stroke Nissan 3.5 which I believe would be about perfect for
it.
*We mostly row and use a trolling motor, which is much less than 3 hp. I
think your Nissan would be perfect. *

Do you have a newer bote, did you buy it new?
*Our bote is new--purchased from the in-water show at the new 31st Harbor
in Chicago in June 2012. *
*
*
Any other input would be great. I'm about to order one and just needed a
few details from an actual owner of an 8 footer that uses it with
a Catalina 320.
*Good luck with your purchase and tell us your stories. I'll improve my
story on Harbor to Harbor soon. *
*
*
Mark