[C320-list] Water Leak

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Mon May 20 14:39:45 PDT 2013

We get water in the locker without submerging the rail so it may not be through the stanchions. I have noticed that there is a cabling hole from port rear locker, under galley, through electrical section and into port bunk locker and these are not sealed. When the boat is heeled to port, basically any water that is in the rear locker, which would include water from stern gland and under drip tray can flow through that hole.

We also had a problem with a leaking aft water tank, through the big black plastic bung (with a large square lug on top). This is not obvious when the boat is at rest as it is just air space, but when it heels over the ware was trickling out the water tank at a fair rate.

We spotted it (or worked it out) because water in the bunk was not salty. However you don't have that advantage being on fresh water anyway!

However the point remains that when heeled to port water from the very rear of the boat can make its way through cabling runs to the bunk locker

Hope this helps

Graeme