[C320-list] Strut

Bruce Heyman bruceheyman at cox.net
Tue Nov 26 09:25:46 PST 2013

I'm in the shipyard getting a failed cutlass bearing replaced.  Really wish
they had used a more sustainable bearing as these seem to wear out way too
quickly.  My strut is showing signs of galvanic corrosion and I was
wondering if anyone knows if it is bonded or not.  I looked inside where the
strut bolt would normally be inside the boat but it is covered up by the
water pump for our Air Conditioner system.  Anyone know if it is bonded.
I'm thinking of adding a zinc to the strut to prevent further corrosion.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Bruce

Bruce Heyman