[C320-list] Cost for Winter Cover

sailorlew at aol.com sailorlew at aol.com
Thu Nov 7 10:36:00 PST 2013

Here is an example of what I have heard.
BUYER BEWARE....."The Canvas Store"

Hello All,I just thought I pass along a warning about doing business with "The Canvas Store" in Huntington NY. They are the ones that advertise in all the major magazines for their custom fit winter covers.I ordered a cover for my B321 last winter, and when it arrived it didn't fit. Panels sewn-in the wrong way and it didn't stretch taught like a tent over the boom like their ads show. It was just plain wrong, period. I contacted them and talked to Steve, the owner, who told me to just do the best with that cover then since it was January and he didn't want me out there changing a cover in the dead of winter. He assured me he would make me a brand new cover and make sure I was taken care of.During the summer, I sent the cover back to them as they were then telling me they were going to re-cut or repair the cover that didn't fit instead of making a new one. Steve would no longer take my phone calls or reply personally to my emails. They had my cover all summer and Fall, and now its December and there's 6+ inches of snow on my boat with no cover. I've been calling since October when I hauled out for the winter, and was kept being told it was "going on the floor" in a couple days and would be shipped soon. I called again early last week and was told it was being shipped that day. It's now 10 days later and no cover. I'm tired of having to constantly call only to be lied to and jerked around. If this cover ever does show up, I will be putting it on in sub-freezing temps while climbing around a boat covered with snow and ice...imagine that!DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AT YOUR OWN RISK! THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON-EXISTENT.TimS/V Reverie.