[C320-list] Backstay adjuster.

JJ Morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 24 11:54:22 PDT 2013

Doesn't matter how the mainsail is engineered. I recently installed a backstay adjuster (purchased used on this site) and really couldn't believe the improvement when sailing to windward. Boat stands up better and I get at least 5degrees higher pointing with my shallow draft wing keel. The other advantage is that you can leave the boat with not so much strain on the fore and aft stays and apply the pressure only when you need it. I never did like to leave the boat all sailing season with the stays singing tight.CheersJohnM1999#574