[C320-list] C320: Rudder stock head loose

Sail email msail at baymoon.com
Tue Sep 10 19:54:12 PDT 2013

First,  I am seeing considerable vibration under power from play in the "bearing" in the deck floor for the rudder stock.  There seems to be what I would estimate to be 3-5 thousands play at least.

Has anyone else encountered this and is there a good fix available?

Secondly, has anyone experienced a situation where the front of the engine (Westerbeke 30B) cannot go far enough to starboard to perfectly align the shaft?  Any fix?

Third, have experiences with a Aquamet 19 or 22 SS prop shaft replacement for the original bronze shaft been positive?  Any experience with shafts from Deep Blue Yacht Supply?

Thanks.

Mike
Cat 320 #324