[C320-list] Head ventilation

Allan S Field allan.field at verizon.net
Wed Sep 4 11:05:01 PDT 2013

On Sea Shadow, we have a hook on the inside of the head door and an eye on the inside door frame.  When we leave the boat, the hook is set to keep the door open about 4 inches.  We then have 2 Nicro solar vents -one in the mid-hatch to take air out and one in the fore-hatch to bring air in - that run 24/7.  Finally, we have 8 cabin fans; 3 are left running - one in each cabin - at low speed when the boat is unattended.  We also do a list of other things to keep the boat airy and dry but suffice to say, after 12 years, no boat breath yet!   When sailing, the head hatch is the only one left open or cracked so forward facing is the way we want it in order to get the most airflow.

Allan S. Field
Sent from my iPad