[C320-list] Engine noise

Karl Mielenhausen kmielen at suddenlink.net
Wed Sep 11 20:21:06 PDT 2013

Lou,

I took a different approach with noise reduction on hull 690 (Yanmar 3GM).

I used contact cement to line the inside of the fore and aft engine
covers with acoustic ceiling tiles, such as this...

http://www.lowes.com/pd_345902-61-SC266B_0__?productId=3338834&Ntt=ceiling+tile&Ns=p_product_price|0

I'm not sure this is exactly what I used and I don't remember the SqFt
that I wound up purchasing. Class A fire rating was important to me.

A couple of photos can be found here...
http://www.catalina320.com/mediagallery/album.php?aid=121&sort=0&page=2

If you try this, be mindful of engine clearences. On the Yanmar there
is a tight fit between the cover and the alternator. Your experience
may be different.

Regards,
Karl