[C320-list] Engine room noise

Brian/Carol McLamb bjcnmclamb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 06:56:21 PDT 2013

I purchased and installed a sound insulation material I purchased from
Sailor's Solution website.  It has been in Serenity for approximately 5
years now and still performing well.  I purchased the large package of this
quiltl-like foil backed foam material that already had the sticky backing
on it.  Had fair amounf left over, but did not want to come up short.  This
allowed us to do a small section at a time and custom trim each tile as
needed to fit around various protrusions from the engine/pulleys so
everything fit well.  It did not take long at all, but my craft loving wife
was the lead on this so things would fit properly.  It does not affect the
heating of the engine box but does a good job on reducing noise.  We can
have one at the helm and one in galley and hold a conversation without
raising our voices.

Brian McLamb  s/v Serenity #1075