[C320-list] Refilling Propane Tank

B. Stumpp bstumpp at comcast.net
Thu Sep 12 17:52:35 PDT 2013

Warren,

I had Amerigas replace the regulator valve on my tank and no longer a
problem.

Bruce Stumpp

#647, Adventure

Frog MOrtar Creek, Maryland

On 11 Sep 2013, at 20:19, Warren Updike <wupdike at hotmail.com> wrote:

Much to my dismay, another old-timer bites the dust.  No, not a sailing

buddy; but, an old-fashioned family-owned independent hardware store.  Gone.

After my primary propane refiller also went out of business, this hardware

store was my second option.  So, yesterday I went to BJ's Club where I

usually have my home grill 20lb tanks refilled.  I was told that they are

not allowed to refill tanks more than 12 years old.  Never mind that this is

an aluminum tank, or that I had it certified 9 years ago, they wouldn't fill

it.  Bummer!  Again on the prowl for another supplier.

Warren & Pattie Updike

1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"