[C320-list] Hand cranking a Yanmar 3gm30f

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 30 17:47:42 PDT 2013

Don't think there is a way to hand crank the 3GM at least not on the one in my 2004. Older Yanmars had a hand crank socket on the crank pulley but the newer ones do not (safety issues I guess). There are still, however, compression relief levers on each of the three cylinders that used to be used when hand cranking the engine that now can be used to hopefully start the engine when the battery is partially discharged . I have heard that you might be able to start the engine by using the relief levers and tugging on the primary belt but I wouldn't be comfortable doing that-I still like having 10 fingers.

Jim Brown