[C320-list] Hand cranking a Yanmar 3gm30f

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Mon Sep 30 19:12:53 PDT 2013

Hi Gene,

Most of the 3gm's have a cap over the manual crank spot on the engine.  On
this engine that is right in line with the belt for the raw water pump, so
you it really can't be crank started with the raw water pump installed.

Having a separate starting battery with the ability to cross connect the
house bank is the practical solution here.   Also buying the unlimited on
water towing from TowBoat US or SeaTow provides piece of mind in my opinion.

-Jeff